Saturday 4 March 2017

The Lifting Tower: Starting to Animate...

Once Jim had agreed with our ideas, we decided to split the animating between the three of us in order to manage workload. The first one I had been given was the Yeti hiding idea. I was happy to do this, as I thought that it would be quite simple to start animating with. However, we had decided to use After Effects, as this would allow for quick turnarounds, but the character animation would be done using the puppet pin tool within the program. This is a tool I have never used before, so I found it quite challenging at first and had to watch Lauren use it beforehand. She also set up a base Yeti to work with that had all of the pins in place already, so all that we needed to do was reset the character and begin animating something new with it once we were done.

Just before I began to animate, Jim had mentioned that he wanted to see an animatic to showcase what our ideas would look like, as he was worried that weren't going to be using the space effectively. So before I began, I created a quick animatic of the Yeti Hiding to send to him to give him an idea of what to expect.


Everyone seemed pleased with this, so I swiftly moved on to getting started with the animation. 



I found animating the yeti a lot more difficult than I anticipated and I couldn't figure out if this was because I was a little rusty, or because I wasn't as invested as I had been at the start. At this point in the project I was working quite slowly and I was struggling to keep up with the pace of both Lauren and Greta, which left me feeling as though I wasn't contributing enough to the workflow. 
However, having said this, I did manage to get my animation finished quite quickly despite feeling as though I was working too slow and I am happy with my outcome. The rest of the group also seem pleased with it, so I am happy to leave it an move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment