Wednesday 17 May 2017

Studio Research: Boulder Media

Reflecting upon the work that I would like to do and where I'd like to see myself in the next 5-10 years from, I decided to expand my research to studios outside of the UK to Ireland, as this is somewhere I've considered working for the last 2 years because the animation industry over there is flourishing. So I began with Cartoon Saloon, but since I have done research on this studio before, it was just to check up on on their latest news and see what it was they were currently working on.

The other company that stood out to me whilst I was searching was Boulder Media. This is a Dublin based studio that works on variety of 2D and 3D projects for bing name companies such as the BBC, Cartoon Network and so on, as well having produced a number of shows including The Amazing World of Gumball, Wander Over Yonder and Danger Mouse.



Even though this studio is based in Ireland, it is definitely somewhere that I would consider applying to in the future, as I feel that it would be a great opportunity and provide me with a breadth of experience. Looking on the website, the studio appears to have a number of various job opportunities that are updated regularly, so it is something that I will keep my eye on. I will also get in touch with the studio, and ask them for advice on my showreel and just start a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment