Wednesday 17 May 2017

Studio Research: Sun and Moon

Sun and moon is an animation studio based in Bristol that focuses on character driven animation that is done in both 2D and 3D. I came across this studio when I was researching studios in the UK and whilst it is in the south, I still found myself drawn to it, however, it may be a place I look further into when I have gained some experience and have the finance to move around freely.



Sun and Moon create work that focuses around inventing magical worlds for characters to live in and explore. They create work for both commercial and creative uses and have worked for a number of big name clients including Aardman, the BBC and E4. What drew me to Sun and Moon the most was their range of 2D work and seeing that their 2D work is extremely varied and consists of a number of different aesthetics and drawing techniques, which is something I haven't been seeing all that often in my other research. This gives me confidence that there are studios out there that work on narrative driven work, that isn't just for children or adverts, but for creative purposes too.



I feel that the variety of work they display across their website demonstrates why this studio is so successful. Whilst they will do commercial work and team up with advertising companies, the studio also engages in other work such as short form animation. They've built up a strong networking base to work from and have built a trustworthy reputation as a company, which will also provide them with many job opportunities.

Overall, I feel that Sun and Moon would be a place that I will definitely consider in my future and will put in my list of places to contact, as I feel that they are currently creating work I could see myself also creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment