Friday 10 April 2015

Wallace and Gromit

Wallace and Gromit is one of those animations that I grew up with as a child and have adored all through my life. Stop motion is something that I feel I will always enjoy because I really love that the models are all hand crafted and are unique and I sometimes feel that it is more satisfying to watch knowing that the characters are actual solid objects that are being manipulated rather than digital creations.




The thing that I really like about Wallace and Gromit is the creativity that goes into the sets of film. Whilst I like the characters and how they are designed, I feel that I am more drawn to the sets because of the amount of detail and craftsmanship that goes into them. The fact that the sets are hand-made and that the props are had made too just astonishes me and it makes me realise just what can be achieved within animation if you put your mind to it. But most of all I think it is simply the aesthetic and the style of Wallace and Gromit that pulls me in the most, I just love that hand-crafted style and the way fingerprints can be seen in the models from where the animators have manipulated the Plasticine. It makes me appreciate the time and effort that goes into making animations such as these all the more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment