Tuesday 12 May 2015

Reflective Practice

Reflective practice is a way of looking work created by yourself and being able to critically identify what you are doing, how well you are doing it and where you sit within your practices community. It involves you thinking about what you have done, why you have done it and what have you leant from your experience. It's quite clear that this is a very important element to any creative process, as it allows us to identify our strengths and weaknesses and what we should improve on or actually avoid doing again.


In the presentation, we were shown Gibbs' reflective cycle, which I found to be extremely useful, as it gave me a guide on how to effectively reflect upon and criticise my own work and working practice. This is something that I should keep referring to whenever I have to reflect upon and evaluate my own work, as it will help me to pick out my strengths and weaknesses within my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment