Tuesday 12 May 2015

Seth Boyden's An Object At Rest

This is a short animation that I found whilst browsing the internet for nothing in particular and I decided that I had to talk about it. The story follows the life of a rock, which seems as though it would make a boring story, however, it's not at all bad. 


But the story isn't exactly why I was drawn into this animation, but rather it was the method used to create this animation. It was created using digital animation over water coloured backdrops. Again, this demonstrates a different style of animation that I'm not at all familiar with, but realise that I actually really love. I like the different colours and shades that are created in the backgrounds that are unique to watercolours and I feel that the use of watercolours give the animation a wonderful overall aesthetic. 

Another thing I like about this animation is the story. Although it's about a rock it's actually really cute and clever, which again, it reminds me that sometimes all you need is a simple story that's outside the box to make a successful animation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment