Tuesday 12 May 2015

The Thief and The Cobbler

The Thief and The Cobbler is an animated feature that was created, but never actually finished, by Richard Williams. I decided to talk about this animation because of the pure creativeness that is displayed throughout.


Although this animation was never completed as planned, I still find it astonishing at what was achieved for this film especially visually. Throughout the animation there are a number of various backgrounds that are, for a lack of a better description, animated optical illusions. The fact that such complex patters have been used for backgrounds on such a large scale impresses me enough, but the fact that they have then been animated just blows my mind. It is very apparent to me at how much time and effort went in to creating this amazingly wonderful piece of animation (or should I say pieces?) and it has made me realise what can be achieved when you put all of your dedication into making something look visually amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment