Sunday 15 May 2016

Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet



Recently I happened to watch The Prophet, an animated film adapted from the book of poems, which shares the same name written in 1923 by Kahlil Gibran.


Whilst watching the film, I noticed that the main plot was created using a mixture of 2D and 3D animation, and whilst I am all up for mixed media, I did feel a little uncomfortable at times watching the hair of the characters move, it looked a bit strange and made me a little uncomfortable at the best of times. However, that is not why I enjoyed the film. 

During the film, when the characters are speaking the poems from the original book, the animation changes to that which was created by one of the many animators that were a part of the making of this film. Each poem was animated by a different animator and it was really nice to see such a variety of animations all in one place. Having said this, I wasn't a fan of them all, but it still made it an interesting watch. 

There were a wide range of different techniques and they were all beautiful. If anything, this film has only made me want to explore mixed media more within my own work, as I find that it can make something that is very visually interesting and beautiful to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment